Blue Cheese toasts
Write a review
- 1 French baguette, cut into 1/3 inch slices
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1/8 cup butter, softened
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Brush one side of each slice of bread with melted butter, and place butter side up on a baking sheet. Bake for 7 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
- In a small bowl, stir together the blue cheese, softened butter, garlic, salt and pepper. Spread this mixture over the tops of the toasted bread slices.
- Bake for 6 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the topping is melted and bubbly. Sprinkle with toasted walnuts. Arrange on a serving tray and garnish with chopped parsley.
The Passionate Cooks Essentials http://thepassionatecook.ca/