Cottage Life-no seriously!
Write a review
- 6-8 croissants
- 2 cups of blueberries (wild ontario of course)
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups whipping cream (500 ml)
- 1 cup milk (250 ml)
- 1 tsp vanilla (5 ml)
- Icing sugar and berries for garnish
- Slice each croissant lengthwise and place each bottom in a buttered 9x13 baking pan. Sprinkle blueberries over the top and Reassemble croissants.
- Pack croissants in snugly. They should not spill over rim.
- Thoroughly beat eggs, whipping cream, milk, and vanilla. Pour mixture over croissants. The croissants may initially float, but they will absorb the liquid. Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge overnight.
- Bake at 350° F (180° C) for about 40 minutes, or until liquid has set.
- Using a small strainer, dust lightly with icing sugar. Garnish with a few berries for colour. Serve while still warm, topped with maple syrup and accompanied by fruit salad and bacon.
The Passionate Cooks Essentials http://thepassionatecook.ca/