It is crucial to buy a top-quality smoked salmon. I like cold smoked salmon for this mousse
Delicious Salmon Mousse
Write a review
- 360g (13 ounces) smoked Atlantic salmon
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- Zest of one lemon, finely grated
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 ounces 35% whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- 1 French shallot, finely chopped
- Freshly ground pepper
- Put the salmon, horseradish, zest and lemon juice, French shallot in the food processor bowl. Roughly chop with pulse.
- Add the cream slowly by pouring a little bit at a time until you get the texture of a spread. Still use the pulse button.
- Transfer the mousse in a bowl. Mix the chopped chives and add freshly ground pepper to taste.
- You can serve this on toasted baguette, endive leaves or better yet homemade gougeres
The Passionate Cooks Essentials http://thepassionatecook.ca/