This is a scrumptious appetizer and most of the items are always on hand for last minute entertaining!
Roasted Red Pepper with Feta Crostini
Write a review
- 1 head of garlic
- 5 tablespoons olive oil,
- 1 jar roasted red bell
- peppers, drained
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (4-ounce) package crumbled
- feta cheese, divided
- 1 baguette
- Cut off pointed end of garlic bulb; place garlic on a piece of aluminum foil, and drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Fold foil to seal.
- Bake at 425° for 30 minutes; cool. Squeeze pulp from garlic.
- Process garlic pulp, 2tablespoons oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a food processor until smooth (or
- just stir together for a more rustic look and taste).
- Add half of cheese, and pulse 5 to 6 times or stir until combined.
- Cut bread, at a diagonal, into 24 (1/4-inch) slices. Arrange on a baking sheet; brush evenly with remaining 2 tablespoons oil.
- Slice the red peppers and mix into above mixture and spread on each piece of baquette. Top with remaining feta
- Bake at 350° for 5 to 7 minutes
The Passionate Cooks Essentials http://thepassionatecook.ca/