Smokey Lentil soup
Write a review
- 2 cups Lentils
- 4 cups Chicken stock
- 2 cups Water
- 2 cloves Garlic; finely chopped
- 2 cups Tomatoes; crushed
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Medium onion; finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Parsley; chopped
- 2 slices Bacon; chopped
- Boil lentils chicken stock and water until lentils are cooked but not mushy—approximately 45 minutes
- While the lentils are cooking, sauté onions and garlic and bacon in olive oil until onions are translucent and bacon is cooked.
- Add tomatoes and parsley, salt and pepper and simmer for approximately 15 minutes.
- Once lentils are cooked add tomato sauce and cook 10 minutes more.
- Pour soup into bowls and sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
The Passionate Cooks Essentials http://thepassionatecook.ca/