Smoked Salmon Dip
Write a review
- 8 ounces cream cheese ; at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish ; drained
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 pound ; (4 ounces) smoked salmon, minced
- Cream the cheese in an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment until just smooth. Add the sour cream, lemon juice, dill, horseradish, salt, and pepper, and mix. Add the smoked salmon and mix well. Chill and serve with crudites or crackers.
- I have tried many smoked salmon dips and this is fabulous. I love cold smoked salmon vs hot smoked salmon as it is less salty, and dry. It is lovely in this dip and doesn't overpower.
- I use this as a spread for bagels, pipe it into choux puffs, cucumber rounds or served with crackers
The Passionate Cooks Essentials http://thepassionatecook.ca/