Strawberry glaze pie
Write a review
- 6 cups fresh whole strawberries, hulled, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked (I use the tenderflake pasty recipe)
- Whipping cream
- Mash 1 cup strawberries; set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in water and mashed berries. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 3 minutes more. Cool for 10 minutes. Stir in lemon juice
- Halve remaining strawberries; arrange in shell. Spoon glaze over berries. Chill for 1-2 hours. Just before serving, garnish with whipped cream.
- Pie is best served the day it's made. Yield: 6-8 servings.
The Passionate Cooks Essentials http://thepassionatecook.ca/