Lisa's pasta sauce
Write a review
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped fine
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 28 oz tin of san marzano tomatoes-chopped fine or put through a food mill
- handful of fresh basil-torn into bite size pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- chili flakes to taste
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan.
- Add onion and garlic and saute till the onion is translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, chili flakes, fresh basil and simmer for 20 mins.
- If you have rinds from your parmesan reggiano cheese, drop one or more into the sauce to elevate the flavour. You can also use the rinds in soups or stews-Delicious!
- I keep a bag in the freezer full of my rinds for this purpose!
The Passionate Cooks Essentials http://thepassionatecook.ca/