Mexican Corn Salad
Write a review
- 3 ears Corn – about 1.5 - 2 cups (375 – 500 ml) kernels.
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Butter
- 1 clove Garlic; peeled
- ½ to 1 Jalapeno; roasted and chopped
- ½ cup (125 ml) Scallions; chopped
- 2-3 tbsp (45-60 ml) Mayonnaise or Sriracha aioli
- Juice 2-3 Limes, plus extra for serving
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) Cotija (or Feta) cheese; crumbled
- A big handful Cilantro
- ½ tsp (5 ml) Smoked Paprika
- Sriracha, or other hot sauce, for serving (optional)
- Heat a large skillet, add the butter and melt. When it's very hot, add the corn, the garlic clove (whole, you'll remove it later), and a bit of salt. Once the kernels are browning on one side (30 seconds or a minute), stir and let them continue to cook for a few more minutes.
- Turn the heat off and stir in the chopped jalapeno, scallions, mayonnaise, lime juice, and a bit more salt.
- Remove the corn from the pan and top with Cotija cheese, a dusting of paprika, cilantro. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- If it's not spicy enough for you yet, add a few squirts of Sriracha.
- Serves 3 – 4 as a side
The Passionate Cooks Essentials http://thepassionatecook.ca/